"A" is for Attitude

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: "A" is for Attitude
From: Barney Gaylord <barneymg@ntsource.com>
Date: Wed, 10 Feb 1999 10:23:32
Hi gang,

I just had to share this.  Some may recall that the new leaf springs I put
on the the NGA two years ago made it sit a little too high, so on a fast
turn with a little body roll it would run out of suspension travel, hit the
end of the rebound strap, and lift a rear wheel.  That really screwed up
the handling, as the car would go sideways in a most dramatic fashion, and
it hasn't done very well at autocross recently.

WELL, I just cleaned up the original leaf springs, installed new silentbloc
bushings, and put them back on the car.  I took it for a 274 mile run last
night to an out of town club meeting, and I'm happy to report that once
again it doesn't have to slow down for the off ramps.  YAHOOOOO !!!!  Now I
can't wait to get it back on the racing tires again.  I think that will be
about mid April, unless someone has an earlier event.

Letchano,

Barney Gaylord,
1958 MGA with an attitude
    http://www.ntsource.com/~barneymg