hard, non-starting '76B

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: hard, non-starting '76B
From: Bill Saidel <saidel@crab.rutgers.edu>
Date: Thu, 11 Feb 99 21:43:30 EST
Hi all,
        I'm looking for tips to help me start my '76B. The engine ran fine
from July to the end of November when the water pump went. I replaced the
water pump, returned the alternator, the air pump and the radiator to their
normal position (eventually), and after filling the radiator, I tried to
start it. Pre-ignition noises were normal. The battery was checked (and I did
this with a jump to my other vehicle as well) and was fine.

The alternator light went on with the turn of the key, and the motor clunked.
The fan did not turn. The engine did not catch.

Repeated tries elicited no hint of combustion.

Any and all suggestions are welcomed in this corner.

TIA,

Bill