Antique License Plates

To: Spridgets <spridgets@autox.team.net>, MG List <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Antique License Plates
From: Mark Endicott <endicott@nashville.com>
Date: Sun, 14 Feb 1999 20:59:41 -0600

It is about that time again to renew the license tags on my Midget.
Last year the "nice lady" at the license branch suggested that I could
save a lot of money ($25 for a lifetime tag) if I purchased "Antique"
plates.  As I understand the law, cars licensed as antique are to be
driven only in parades and other special events.  I asked a couple of
Cop friends about it and they said that they never stop antique cars
for tag violations, since they don't have any way of knowing where the
car is going, and have way too many other things to do.  I know the
law will be different from state to state but what are others doing
for plates?  My car is not a commuter or grocery getter (well,
sometimes for beer runs) but does go our for a drive four or five
times a week. What do you think, can I get away with it?

--
Mark
1970 Midget

http://members.home.net/mendicott/midget.html