Jealousy strikes again

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Jealousy strikes again
From: Neil_Oldfield@nag.national.com.au
Date: Mon, 15 Feb 1999 13:36:14 +1000
hay ho all

St V's Day yesterday we had a great day,  one of the local clubs organised
a picnic at Hanging rock. (A local Tourist attraction, that has had a
fictional mystery set there).  Decided to take both cars, the Mistress
needed the body repacking as it had dropped on one side.  Fired up Baby to
drive over the were the Graham is stored, no problems, dropped the clutch
to put it into first.  That's strange no resistance.  Hmmm why cant I
select a gear?? what's this fluid on the floor???

AHHHHH @#$@#$@#$................. and other colourful language

     Looks like I'm going to be out of an MG for a couple of days.  I've
either done all the rubbers in the master cylinder (Best case) or I've
stuffed the master.  As the car had been in storage for 12 months before I
purchased (8Mths Ago), I suspect rubbers, will have to strip it down to
find out.  ho hum s*it happens I Guess.  I'm' putting the failure down to
jealousy, as every time I go over to fix the Graham it brakes down.

     Anyhow took the s@#*bu over and  repacked the Graham's body.  (You
pre-war guys will know this is a bugger of a job), gave it a wash and off
we went, as mentioned previously by one of the guys from Adelaide it was a
great MG day (bummer), 80-90 F, slight breeze to take the edge off the sun.
had a great drive up to Hanging Rock.  must have been a thousand cars up
there, it was HUGE,  there was every thing there from the street rods and
kustoms through to the Vintage stuff,  of LBC interest there was a number
of 'B' s  one with an Australian made fibreglass fastback hardtop,  a
single TC, a Y type that my wife fell in love with, a late thirties Sunbeam
Talbot 2 Litre sedan (That I fell in love with), A couple of 1.5 RM Rileys,
no 'a' s or magnettes though.

     All in all a great day, only marred by not being able to take the
baby.

Neil

64 MGB (Baby)
28 Graham Paige (The Mistress)

P.S.      as for the Rover being badged as an MG wasn't the ZA/ZB Magnette
a Rebadged Woolsley 444???, whats the         diference