1976 and 1979 Midget for sale

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: 1976 and 1979 Midget for sale
From: RJohn50603@aol.com
Date: Mon, 15 Feb 1999 08:47:54 EST
To all,

My number two son has bought a Honda and wishes to sell his 1976 Midget that
we restored five years ago.

The car has had an extensive amount of parts replaced and is much younger than
its years in this respect.

We rebuilt the engine replacing not only all of the typical stuff, but also
the crankshaft, cam shaft, etc. We also went through the transmission
replacing about $500 in parts (some were the last Moss had). The front end had
a similar treatment , including king pins, rotors, calipers, bearings besides
all of the bushings and pads.

The radio console was also redone by a sheetmetal shop so that the Pioneer
radio/cassette would fit in on the sloped portion of the panel, not the
vertical portion where a stock radio goes. This is so that a cassette may be
easily inserted, not interfering with gear shift as is typical. There are a
pair of Pioneer 6 X 9's in the rear deck.

When we entered the car in the "All British Day" here in Dallas, we took third
place.

The car was used as an everyday driver and is not "show fresh" anymore, but it
has an unusual amount of new parts that makes it unique.

It is RED, has a good top, tonneau and new tires. He is asking $2700.

I also have a 1979 white Midget with a noisy transmission that I was planning
to restore, but a two year old daughter is dominating my time these days and I
would consider selling it for $750. The car is currently not driven.

R. Johnson - Dallas
(keeping the 1973 MGB)