Re: MGA Master Cylinder ?

To: Steven R Schultz <SSchultz@worldnet.att.net>
Subject: Re: MGA Master Cylinder ?
From: Chuck Schaefer <crschaef@mc.net>
Date: Mon, 15 Feb 1999 06:58:10 -0600
Steve,

I had my M/C done by White Post last year. I think that the $225 cost is
for the fully rebuilt M/C. Mine was done for around $100.  I sent them
just the casting, less all the covers, fittings and insides. What I got
back was my M/C totally cleaned out, brass sleeved, bored, honed and
painted cast iron gray. Yeah I know it isn't original as the original is
unpainted,but I think it will have less of a chance for rust. I got the
rebuild kit from one of the "usual suspects" and cut my own new gaskets.
And I put it together myself to save $125. Very happy with the work and
fast turn around. I would recomment them in a heart beat. I think they
will do an exchange,but check with them on that point.

Chuck Schaefer