Re: Oil pressure Q's

To: MG List <Mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Oil pressure Q's
From: Joanna Adler <joannaadler@yahoo.com>
Date: Sat, 20 Feb 1999 15:57:08 -0800
Here's another question about oil pressure...

I've been talking to the mechanic that works on my car and he says that
it's okay for the oil pressure to drop below 75 once the car has warmed
up.  I have always been taught that oil pressure below 75 was a bad sign
and to take care of it...

So, the pressure drops to about 25 when at stop lights or in really slow
commuter traffic.  It only drops to about 50-65 once I've been on the
road.  The head gasket was replaced and the head itself resurfaced a few
months ago.  This guy grew up around the LBC's, and he really seems to
know his stuff.  Am I just being overly paranoid?

I have this BIG trip all planned out, and while I don't plan on
everything going smoothly (it is a 20 yr old car), that doesn't mean I
want to come home and put a "for sale" ad in the paper.  (Unless, of
course, it's because I won one of the cars being raffled off!) <G>

TIA,
Joanna
79 MGB LE