Re: Oil pressure Q's

To: mikesl@tartan.sapc.edu
Subject: Re: Oil pressure Q's
From: john c kahoon <john.kahoon@juno.com>
Date: Sun, 21 Feb 1999 06:57:25 -0500
COuld be that the low pressure, is not the pumps inability to produce
pressure, but the the lubrication systems inability to contain the
pressure.
I took my 1275 ( with 25psi hot at speed, 10 psi at idle ) and put in a
set of
rod bearings. Took 3 hrs. $30 and now I have 60psi and 45psi. I think
the rod bearings are the high wear point in the oil system. might be
worth
a shot, just make sure the journals are good ! mic 'em and inspect 'em...

john.kahoon@juno.com
71 Midget