Re: [Fwd: ummm..... houston, we have a problem.......] boundary="-------

To: "john c kahoon" <john.kahoon@juno.com>, <robert@woozy.com>
Subject: Re: [Fwd: ummm..... houston, we have a problem.......] boundary="------------EA99879F51D7DCD544389CFF"
From: "Paul Hunt" <paul.hunt1@virgin.net>
Date: Sun, 21 Feb 1999 14:45:31 -0000
The instructions for timing setting with my vacuum gauge said to advance the
timing till the needle just starts to flick occasionally, indicating a
misfire.  Back off the timing until the needle is steady again, then back it
off a further 3/4in Hg.  Using a vacuum gauge results in a setting that
suits the actual characteristics of an individual engine, unlike the 'given
number' method which uses a 'worst case' scenario.  I.e. using a vacuum
gauge is a Good Thing.

PaulH.