Re: 77MGB will not start...different than the little engine that couldn'

To: Paul Hunt <paul.hunt1@virgin.net>, mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: 77MGB will not start...different than the little engine that couldn't
From: Tom McLaughlin <tmcl98@yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 23 Feb 1999 13:23:22 -0800 (PST)
---Paul Hunt <paul.hunt1@virgin.net> wrote:

> Did you check the king lead as well?  Last time I had no spark that
was it,
> led me to substitute the coil and all sorts.

Well...on the advice of another lister, I'm going to replace the plug
wires and the king lead.  The existing are about a year old.  I
thought checking the resistance was enough to know that they were
okay, but I guess not.  I've got a new disti cap and rotor as well.
So, with my new coil (probably not needed, but now I have a spare).
I'm going to install and recheck all connections.......hopefully when
it stops snowing.

If that fails, I look into your trick before buying a new electronic
ignition.

Thanks to all for the suggestions...I'll let you know what happens.

Tom
77B....really wants an MGA pal, but I still have alot to learn