Re: Boot lid seal

Subject: Re: Boot lid seal
From: jmc <jmc987@earthlink.net>
Date: Tue, 23 Feb 99 20:16:28 -0800
On Mon, 22 Feb 1999 22:49:07 -0600, Tyson Sherman <mts3@ra.msstate.edu>
wrote:

>I recently replaced the boot lid seal on my 76 B...the type where the
>seal is on the lid.  How do I get it to close?  The original had about a
>6" place where there was no rubber at the bottom.  Should I duplicate
>that with the new one?
<SNIP>

I had the same questions/problems when I replaced the seal on the boot
lid of my 67B. I ended up installing in starting from the latch area
(since it's the lowest point) and worked my way around clockwise. And
while the Moss seal was the exact length match, it was too thick. The lid
wouldn't close or latch properly. I marked the opening with chalk, closed
the lid to mark the seal, and then took a razor blade and cut a little
"V" channel into the seal. No more water problem, even through last
year's EL Nino. I know it sounds a little goofy to cut up a perfectly
good seal. But it worked for me.  Good luck.

Joseph
67 B Roadster