Re: Z-S carb loosing oil

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Z-S carb loosing oil
From: Peter Schauss <schauss@worldnet.att.net>
Date: Wed, 24 Feb 1999 04:53:58 +0000
I don't know if this has been covered yet (I have been out of town for
about a week), but I had a similar problem with mine before I converted
to dual SUs.

Symptom: I was having to fill up the oil reservoir in the
dash pot every day or so to get decent performance.

Cause:  There is an O-ring which is supposed to seal the hole where
the needle adjusting screw goes through the bottom of the piston.  With age,
this O-ring dries our and stops sealing properly.  The Moss Motors catalog
has a diagram of the setup on page 16.  The O-ring is part number 365-420.

Solution:  Remove the piston from the carburetor and replace the O-ring.

Peter Schauss, Long Island, NY
1963 BJ7
1980 MGB