Re: MGB Roadster Queries - Range -Speed

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: MGB Roadster Queries - Range -Speed
From: Eric <eric@erickson.on.net>
Date: Fri, 26 Feb 1999 00:42:48 +0509
Lawrence Viljoen wrote:

> I have just bought a 67 MGB Roadster and have two quick questions if I
> may.

Congratulations.... you *are* mad, and you will love it!

> 1) What is the ave. range on a tank (standard size i guess) ?

My conservative estimates so you don't run out of fuel...
  * highway = 200 miles +/- 10 miles (more likely PLUS)
  * city    = 180 miles +/- 10 miles (more likely PLUS)

> 2) What is considered an achievable speed - without red lining the
> poor dear (no overdrive)?

I will leave you in the hands of the techo's with this one... they will
tell you precisely what speeds your car should do for every rev of your
tacho up to redline.

As far as "achievable" speed goes... too many variables for me to make a
guess on this.  I guess you just gotta try it out (the engine rebuild
afterwards will really make you feel like an MG owner).

Eroc
'68MGB MkII