Driving Fever

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Driving Fever
From: drded@ix.netcom.com
Date: Fri, 26 Feb 1999 18:09:04 -0600 (CST)
I see it starting here on the list as well as on the streets. I've been doing
alot more towing
of classics to repair and service facilties lately. Towed a goureous 47 TC to
Joe Curto's shop
today, a 73 B roadster into the shop I'm employed by yesterday, a 65 Healey
3000 from Troy, NY
to Long Island last Friday and a MGA over to Rob Medynski's MG "T"s in West
Milford, NJ two
weeks ago (all on flatbeds except the Rostyle wheel equipped B, which was wheel
lifted from the
rear so as to avoid drivetran damage).
The "Long Drive", "This is MG Country" and "Pilgrimage" type posts are coming a
little earlier
that usual and I'm pshyed about driving the "Nocturne 99" Rally, here on Long
Island tomorrow
night. Doing a front end rebuild on the GT tomorrow. I saw 3 Fiat Spiders and a
64 Chevelle
Convertible on the road today. IT'S GOING TO BE A FANTASTIC DRIVING SEASON
!!!!! Eileen and I
are planning our vacation for the last week of June or first week of July
(taking 10 days) and
are going to be doing a loop from NYC > N. Carolina > Atlanta GA > St Louis >
Kansas City and
back thru a more northernly route. Of course if the British Car events fall out
better by
driving this loop in the opposite direction then that's what we'll do. I'm
looking forward to
meeting many a list member along the way and will be sure to have my North
American MGB
Register, Member Emergency Contact / Service Recommendation List along for the
ride as well as
my bag-o-spares in the boot. The vehicle of choice has yet to be determined but
will be either
the 75 or 76 MGB roadster. Well, I just wanted to check in, I've been lurking
alot lately.

Safety Fast,
David Deutsch