MGB reassembly question #1 of ???

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: MGB reassembly question #1 of ???
From: Calvin Krug <ckrug@laf.cioe.com>
Date: Fri, 26 Feb 1999 20:54:54 -0500
Now that my '79 roadster is painted, I've started the long and involved
task of putting it all back together and replacing missing, broken, or
otherwise worn out parts.  Now, I have all new seals for the heater box,
and I tried to put it back in the car tonight, but no matter how I tried,
or what adjectives I used, the large rubber seal around the defroster
outlets wouldn't let the heater drop into place.  I assume there's a trick
to this job, anyone out there know what it is?

Calvin Krug