Re: Door Adjustment

To: "Chris Attias" <cattias@cats.ucsc.edu>,
Subject: Re: Door Adjustment
From: "Paul Tegler " <wizardz@amdyne.net>
Date: Mon, 1 Mar 1999 14:24:37 -0500
you can only get to the screw (stud) on the back of the hinge by
removing the panel in the wheel well and going up behind the fender
to remove the nut.

The factory adjustment method was (so I've been told) a big pry bar
down through the hinges and a little muscle exerted.
(This is the way I've always done it - even on my old 77 chevy Vega wagon,
this was the only method of hinge alignment/adjustment.)
to my knowledge there are no shims or spacers as such designed
to adjust hinge position.

Paul Tegler
Twin 73' MGB GTs YB and OB
YB born 8/72 (Primrose Yellow) Yellow BGT
OB born 1/73 (Blaze Red) Orange BGT
email: wizardz@amdyne.net
http://www.amdyne.net/~ptegler/mgmain.htm