Door Adjustment

To: MG Listserver <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Door Adjustment
From: Chris Attias <cattias@cats.ucsc.edu>
Date: Mon, 1 Mar 1999 09:12:09 -0800
I was fiddling around this weekend trying to get the door gaps on my MGB a
little more even, and ran into a problem I'm hoping there is an answer to...

The lower front edge of one door sticks out a little from the plane of the
front fender.  No obvious hinge damage or wear.  The top of the door seems
to line up just fine.

I'm guessing that there is some adjustment in and out on the hinges where
they are screwed to the jamb.  Since the screws are frozen and will have to
be drilled out, I haven't been able to play with them yet.  I see there is
a stud or screw at the back of the hinge...can't figure out how to get at
it if I have to loosen it.  Any advice on how door adjustments are made?

Chris Attias
'64 MGB