Re: spec charts and color chart with actual car photos

To: wizardz@amdyne.net, mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: spec charts and color chart with actual car photos
From: "Dan Ray" <raydan67@hotmail.com>
Date: Mon, 01 Mar 1999 15:22:00 PST
Paul:
Excellent idea! Actually, I had the same idea for a web-based
color-guide about a year ago...you probably have more time, knowledge
and motivation than I, but my enthusiasm is still available. You are
right -- a color-matching web-guide to MG Colors doesn't exist because
it's a tricky problem. The real trick is the fact that you noted --
colors in .jpg's won't necessarily be totally accurate and different
monitors, etc. won't display the same either -- no matter what light the
photo was taken in. As a general guide, however, it's doable, as long as
we caveat it with said photo/display problems. My Blaze Red '73 is
particularly weird as you noticed with the "reds"...it looks a LOT more
orange in real life and more red in a photo. As long as it's only a
reference, it should be ok. I even personally hesitate to submit photos
of my car because of the strange way the color comes out in my deep,
colorful, professional-quality snapshots! (hahaha).
My first stop in the attempt would be the gallery on the MG Enthusiasts
page -- some of the photos mention the color. (as long as it's ok with
the owners)

Dan
73 BLAZE B ("Punkin" - that's what it LOOKS like, color-wise)