RE: Europe Car Functions

To: Neil_Oldfield@nag.national.com.au, mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: Europe Car Functions
From: Hans Duinhoven <H.Duinhoven@simac.nl>
Date: Tue, 2 Mar 1999 07:55:52 +0100
Hi Neil,

Lots of things to do, you come in the season with still good weather and the
holiday season just ending.

Date            Sept. 11-12 1999
Location        Assen Netherlands the TT Circuit racing track.
Event           MG Classic Car Festival. Great event with races including
pre-war
                racers, concours, parts stands, registers, MG owners may
park
                their cars on the central park (untill full like last time)
                This event is one of the finest on the continent and is
often
                named "the "Continental Silverstone event", compared to the
                famous English annual event of this track.

Date            August 20th 1999
Location        Luxemburg
Event           Ardennen Weekend by Luxemburg MGCC.

Furtheron there are several classic car races at the Zandvoort racing track,
where in the past till 1984 F1 races were held.
Don't know the details now, but hope to see these later this year in the
club magazine. Perhaps Internet may help you on this via the Zandvoort web
page.

Furtheron there are several  interesting museums: just outside Amsterdam, at
Bergeijk, Autotron at Rosmalen, at Hillegom (only Fords - I've been told
there are more Ford there, than in the U.S. Ford musuem!) and at
Raamsdonkveer (same site as the Dutch Toyota importing company).

When you're in Holland, you're welcome. I'm just 15 minutes from Amsterdam
airport. Lety me know timely - I'm planning to go to Assen anyway -.

Cheers,

Hans

'71 BGT