Re:Why is the pedal so slippery?...73B M/C

To: raydan67@hotmail.com, mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re:Why is the pedal so slippery?...73B M/C
From: JstBob@aol.com
Date: Tue, 2 Mar 1999 18:10:06 EST
Dan,
There was talk on the list a while back about master cylinders from Advance
Auto for around $100. This came with lifetime warrenty. Try them!
Bob, (71 mgb just south of you)

Orginal Message
_____________________________
Date: Mon, 01 Mar 1999 16:45:50 PST

From: "Dan Ray" <raydan67@hotmail.com>

Subject: Why is the pedal so slippery?...73B M/C

Well, because the damn Master Cylinder has gone Tango Uniform (email me

privately about what the old army acronym/phrase TU means, if you must,

or figure it out on your own so as not to upset the sensitive folks) ;)

Argh....dripping down the pedal onto the floor. No wonder I couldn't

bleed the brakes!

Serves me right -- the only part I didn't replace in my initial brake

re-do after purchase a year ago, because I'm CHEAP and it worked fine at

the time.

So...as a BAD lister who has deleted all the myriad discussions about

what organizations and techniques are best to replace said part...

Who should I use for a good source of a new/rebuilt brake Master

cylinder? I'm not into rebuilding this part -- I'll leave that to the

professionals. (I remember THAT sage advice, at least)

Who's the best? Apple? Heard lots about them. Order new? hmmm....

All advice or experiences is welcome.

TIA