Re: MGA Worth looking at?

To: kerry3@earthlink.net, mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: MGA Worth looking at?
From: Lec089@aol.com
Date: Thu, 4 Mar 1999 07:37:39 EST
kerry3@earthlink.net writes:

<<  How hard would it be to
 find a stock powerplant (and transmission??) and drop it in?

If the body is good, you are on your way!  Check the sills.
They rust there first.  Many of the A's have engines other
than original in them.  Anything from a B engine on.  I am more
or a purest and would prefer the original engine.  My 59 A
came with a 1600 engine, which is your engine.  I am looking
for a 1500 engine to make mine stock.  I think I have a lead on
one so I may have one for you.  It will need rebuilt and its
attached to a gearbox.  So in other words, they are out
there to be found.  Let me know if I can be of any help.
Thanks,
Harry