Rear View Mirror '77B

To: MG List <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Rear View Mirror '77B
From: Bud Krueger <bkrueger@ici.net>
Date: Fri, 05 Mar 1999 19:58:39 -0800
Hi folks,

     My face is red with embarassmrnt.  Nina, you were right after all.  The car
does have a day/night mirror system.  I discovered it today when I was tracing
drafts that brought in yesterday's rain. (Yes, I have now been officially
baptized into MGB-wet legs!) I was tracing the draft that is directly behind the
rear view mirror and discovered the tab that should flip the mirror.  Ha!
That's one of the places that the water goes to, it's frozen solid.  I may try
to disassemble it tomorrow.  At least I know that I can just tilt the mirror to
a different angle for night driving.

   Okay, that explained the water on top of the console and the dash.  The left
trouser leg appears to have been the victim of leakage through the rubber seal
at the bottom of the glass.  Hopefully, some sealer can help with that one.  The
one at the center of the top of the windshield is there even with the Parrish
hardtop.  Fastening the clamps must cause a bowing effect to lift the center.
I'll try some rubber there.

Made 4 days as a commuting machine so far.  It's fun.

Bud Krueger
52TD (witing for sunshine)
77MGB (earning its keep)