Re: Buying my first MG

To: <PBcrispie@aol.com>, <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Buying my first MG
From: "Paul Hunt" <paul.hunt1@virgin.net>
Date: Sun, 7 Mar 1999 16:17:49 -0000
Mason - my advice would be to get hold of a copy of Lyndsay Porter's "MGB -
Guide to Purchase and DIY Restoration", it does exactly what it says on the
cover.

I bought the book before I bought my first B, studied the 'what to look
for's (which come with an indication of cost of repair/replacement) and when
I bought my car (chrome bumper roadster) got exactly what I expected to
get - no nasty surprises.  Same thing with my second (rubber bumber factory
V8 which I use as my 'every day' car).

My second piece of advice is to look at the car twice, if you can, before
you buy.  It is amazing how much more you see second time.

Good luck,
PaulH.
http://freespace.virgin.net/paul.hunt1/