penny pinching

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: penny pinching
From: JohnOmg@aol.com
Date: Wed, 10 Mar 1999 09:31:24 EST
<<<Date: Tue, 9 Mar 1999 10:21:57 -0500 (EST)
From: mkris@sprynet.com
Subject: Does anyone have a good, but cheap source of interior parts?

I am moving into the restoration of the interior of a 1977 MGB. As such I need
interior soft parts. I will be completeing the rest as I get more money.
THe prices vary widely and some parts differ between re-sellers. Can I get
some
suggestions for people who will match prices and quote.
Thanks
Chris
1977 MGB - being restored

<<<<

Chris:

Don't be obsessed with finding the lowest price.  Find a supplier who will
provide support and tech assistance.  There are plenty of Moss distributors
and the like who can help you.  You'll be surprised at how competitive their
prices can be.  Patronize these smaller vendors, then take advantage of their
expertise.  Then, when your car quits on a Saturday night for no apparent
reason, you'll have someone to call.

I once had a TD master cylinder fail on a Sunday afternoon.  By that evening,
I had picked up a replacement from my source and had the car back on the road.
Fedex is not that fast!

John Olman