Can you name this MG?

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Can you name this MG?
From: Lec089@aol.com
Date: Wed, 10 Mar 1999 10:10:29 EST
I bought an MGA a month ago that came with two titles.  The
car's title and the parts car title.  I have done a little research
and have no problems with the car's title, but I think that the
parts car title might be a mistake.  Here is the information:

Year       Make       Model    Body     Vin number
 56           MG          B02      2D        B0268495

A B02 might be a reference to a Saloon 2 door and I know that the
56 might be the year the car was titled and not the year of the car.
The title was issued in 1978 in Tennessee
Any ideas?  TIA

Harry