Re: I GOT ANOTHER ... (kinda long)

To: cdlynes@bellsouth.net, mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: I GOT ANOTHER ... (kinda long)
From: Thecarguru@aol.com
Date: Wed, 10 Mar 1999 18:07:25 EST
(David Lynes)said:
>>That says it all there!  Great buy! And what do you think about these
LBC's that can run on 2 spark plugs!!! <<

All it took was two firing plugs to get it to catch, then after it chug-
chugged for about two or three minutes and the ZS choke finally warmed up
enough to lean out the mixture a bit the other two cleaned up and ran. When I
took my two spark plugs back out thirty miles or so away at Rays' house, they
were clean. What clued me in was that the DPO (DRUNK previous owner- who was
really driving me nuts) said "it only moved from over there to here..."
pointing to a spot about ten feet away.
Also, they had replaced the distributor cap. The wires running to the
Pertronix ignitor were huge- like ten gauge wire, so the cap had cut into the
insulation. You could see the copper where the wires were pinched. So with
courage in one hand and a pair of pliers in the other I snapped a chunk of the
distributor cap off to allow the wires to pass through without being pinched.
Not knowing if this had shorted out and caused the flooding or not, I wanted
to insure it wouldnt hamper our ability to get the h*ll out of there (I mean
it- this lady and the sticker bushes next to the car were trying my patience
no end. I wanted to tell Ray that I didnt care if we had to tow it out of
there with my jumper cables tied around the bumper we were getting out of
there ASAP!!)
Gary
75 Midget daily use
75 Midget project car