Re: tire size

To: "Neil Cotty" <neilc@tradesrv.com.au>, <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: tire size
From: "Mike Lishego" <mikesl@tartan.sapc.edu>
Date: Sun, 14 Mar 1999 22:14:23 -0500
I'll have to agree with Neil on most of this thread.  I have 165's
on my 'B and it is a blast to drive - you can break the back end
loose around almost any corner if you please.

One point I'll have to disagree on is the wet weather handling.  It
may be because of my choice of tire compounds, but mine are a lot
trickier in the rain.  If you've ever gone sideways trying to beat a
light before making a hard right turn, you'll know what I mean!

If the car is a daily driver in the snowbelt, go with the 165's.
I've found that my MG is a tank in the snow with good 165's when
driven properly.  I can go anywhere, and the car is more manageable
than my sis's Sunbird.  Just my .02...

Michael S. Lishego
http://www.mgb.bc.ca/virtualgarage/

 Obviously less grip in the dry but the 165's perform way better
>in the wet. I agree with Ed, try the 165's before assuming they
won't do the
>job, I find the car a lot more entertaining with the 165's. Just
IMO of