RE: More master cylinder woes

To: Ray Wygonik <rwygonik@grove.iup.edu>
Subject: RE: More master cylinder woes
From: Larry Hoy <larryhoy@cwix.com>
Date: Mon, 15 Mar 1999 08:02:46 -0700
Ray, on the master cylinder cover you should have a mechanical brake light
switch, depending on the year of your car (which doesn't seem to appear in
this message).  If this switch is screwed in too far using the brake will
cause a fluid "lock" in the master cylinder.  Which in effect will keep
pressure on the shoes/pads.  At some point you will not be able to move the
car (experience speaking here).  Un screw the switch and I bet the problem
goes away.  Then re-adjust the switch properly.

Also make sure the switch is lined up with the brake pedal.  It may be
necessary to "shim" the pedal on the shaft it pivots on with washers to move
the pedal alignment either left or right to get it to line up with the
switch.

Larry Hoy
http://home.cwix.com/~larryhoy@cwix.com/