RE: Should I be concerned?

To: Eric Zambori <eaz@snet.net>, mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: Should I be concerned?
From: Larry Hoy <larryhoy@cwix.com>
Date: Mon, 15 Mar 1999 08:02:51 -0700
> Regarding John Twist's solution, I read the tech note regarding the
> addition of a piece of wire on the head gasket and I'm unclear as to
> what size wire should be used.  If I understand the description, one
> should take a length of stranded wire and use ONE of the strands from
> that wire. Is that correct?  Is one small strand enough to cure the
> problem?

The smaller the better, but any "standard" stranded wire will work.  Speaker
wire probably has some of the smallest wires.  I used two strands, I thought
that was what Twist recommends.

This (and counter boring the block stud holes) worked for me on a head/block
that always had a slight leak.

Larry Hoy
http://home.cwix.com/~larryhoy@cwix.com/