Re: 70 MGB GT - This Sad Speedo Song Won't End

To: "Jim Sharp" <jimsharp@ipa.net>,
Subject: Re: 70 MGB GT - This Sad Speedo Song Won't End
From: "Paul Tegler " <wizardz@amdyne.net>
Date: Mon, 15 Mar 1999 14:18:38 -0500
Odds are your right angle drive is OK...
if you put it on while under the car,..... I'll  lay odds
you may not have gotten the drive pin (little square center pole)
lined up right and it wouldn't let you thread on that frail ring nut tighly
enough (really hard to get you fingers in there)
..as Jim says... use the longer O/D cable and save the right angle
..it's easier to get on and one less failure point in the system.
When I swapped in my O/D transmission into OB that Fall
I used the straight O/D cable without an RA adapter, and my speed0
runs clean, Even this winter's cold, didn't bring up any cable chatter
or speedo noises.

Paul Tegler
Twin 73' MGB GTs YB and OB
YB born 8/72 (Primrose Yellow) Yellow BGT
OB born 1/73 (Blaze Red) Orange BGT
email: wizardz@amdyne.net
http://www.amdyne.net/~ptegler/mgmain.htm