Re: 70 MGB GT - This Sad Speedo Song Won't End

To: "Gary Davis" <6GPRO.GDAVIS@ibr6gw82.gp.usbr.gov>,
Subject: Re: 70 MGB GT - This Sad Speedo Song Won't End
From: Max Heim <mvheim@studiolimage.com>
Date: Mon, 15 Mar 1999 12:40:49 -0800
Gary Davis

>Got the speedo in and its still not working.  I checked the unit before I
>installed it and the speedo works - I suspect I've trashed the right angle
>drive on the transmission.  With all of the talk about inferior parts, I'd
>like to know where would be the best place to acquire a decent right angle
>drive?  A used one (anyone have one?)?  A vendor?  I'm open to all
>suggestions.
>
>Thanks - Gary Davis

I have a surplus used right angle drive. It was working OK. When I
switched to a late-model trans I got a (much) longer cable and found I
could hook it up straight, which seemed to me would avoid a lot of
friction, so I left out the right-angle bit. You can have it for postage.
I'm in CA; where are you?

--

Max Heim
'66 MGB