Re: Gearbox Rear Seal

To: "Warren Pruitt" <warren_p@ls3p.com>, <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Gearbox Rear Seal
From: "Lawrie Alexander" <Lawrie@britcars.com>
Date: Tue, 16 Mar 1999 07:24:58 -0800
Warren.....

Occasionally, we find that a gearbox rear seal feels a bit loose going into
the tail-housing. On those occasions, we coat the outside edge with clear
RTV Silicone. So far, this has always worked, as the silicone fills any
voids in the casing and also glues the seal in place. Of course, if the seal
you are fitting is really loose, perhaps you have the wrong seal? How well
does it fit around the output flange?

Lawrie
British Sportscar Center