RE: Wire wheels & v-8

To: Mgbreh@aol.com
Subject: RE: Wire wheels & v-8
From: "Dodd, Kelvin" <doddk@mossmotors.com>
Date: Fri, 19 Mar 1999 08:31:26 -0800
Ray:

        If you really like the look of wires, stick with them.  If cost and
low maintenance are more of a priority change em over.
        The stock 4 1/2" wires will break up pretty quickly, plus you will
not be able to get an adequate tire footprint for traction.  5 1/2" 72 spoke
wires will hold up and allow the correct use of a 185/70 tire, but are
expensive.  The right rear and front splines must be checked very carefully
by someone who knows what to look for.  Any questions they should be
replaced.  Good condition splines and a 72 spoke wheel can handle the power.
Ask anyone with a Ferrari.

Kelvin.