Re: B Windscreen

To: "MG List" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: B Windscreen
From: Max Heim <mvheim@studiolimage.com>
Date: Fri, 19 Mar 1999 08:42:04 -0800
I had the local MG shop do it ( I was frightened off by the description
of the procedure plus I tend to drop things) and I believe it set me back
$400 including glass but not including all of the rubber bits since I had
previously stockpiled most of them. It was worth it, though, in that I
could actually see the road instead of a blinding display of "fairy
sparkles". And that I didn't have to pay for the glass twice as would
doubtless have occurred had I attempted it myself. But don't let me
discourage you; I have read accounts that suggest it is well within the
abilities of owner/driver/mechanics.

I would be a little dubious about letting a regular glass shop tackle it.
I'm sure the techniques involved bear little resemblance to those
commonly required in fitting T****a and C***y screens. IMHO, YMMV, etc.

Mikecquinn@aol.com wrote

--

Max Heim