Re: the quest is over

To: cfrench@cybertours.com
Subject: Re: the quest is over
From: David Councill <dcouncil@imt.net>
Date: Mon, 22 Mar 1999 07:33:29 -0700
At 05:42 AM 3/22/99 -0500, Carl French wrote:

>Well, first if you want originality get a copy of Claushagers. The
>Bullet mirrors were a period accessory. As I believe mirros were left
>off at the factory and were put on at the dealer with three main options
>for the round mirrors.
>1. One on the driver's door
>2. One on the driver's door and one on the pass. wing
>3. Both on the wings.
>
>I assume the vinyl is on the TOP of the dash (where the defroster vents
>come out). Moss includes the vinyl qwhen you order a panel set but I
>don't know about the vinyl itself.
> Looking at the pictures you need Chrome overriders for the bumpers.
>What else ya'got?
>Carl F
>67B
>My brother's 67 BGT has the bullets and they look great.

The PO had a couple of boxes of parts and an extra hood. Amongst the parts,
he had ordered the overriders for the front so I got them. I'll still have
to get the rear ones (yeah, I noticed them in the pictures too).

I really liked the bullet mirrors. This car came with some aftermarket
mirrors so they look a little "different." So I may end up changing them
for something more appropriate.

The vinyl does go on top of the dash - looks like a cut and glue repair but
I'm sure to do it right, there is a proper way to do it.

And the VIN and the engine were correct - one of the first things I
checked. The engine had been replaced but it was still an 18GB engine with
the canister oil filter, generator, and other characteristics of the era.
The VIN is GHD3L116303.

Its in pretty good shape - I mainly need to check the brakes out, test the
o/d (prev. owner says it works though). And the only possible serious
problem I see so far is that the wipers don't work (but it could be minor
too if the motor is okay).

David
67 BGT
71 BGT