Re: the quest is over

To: Dan Dwelley <ddwelley@excite.com>
Subject: Re: the quest is over
From: Max Heim <mvheim@studiolimage.com>
Date: Mon, 22 Mar 1999 10:42:01 -0800
[snip]
>Its in pretty good shape - I mainly need to check the brakes out, test the
>o/d (prev. owner says it works though). And the only possible serious
>problem I see so far is that the wipers don't work (but it could be minor
>too if the motor is okay).
>
>David
>67 BGT
>71 BGT

Suggestion based on experience: My wipers stopped working during this
winter's rains. Upon dismantling the mechanism I discovered it was due to
the fact that the grease inside the gearbox had solidified over 30+ years
into the consistency of candle wax. I was surprised they had worked at
all (though they had never been notable for robust action). I'd try
thoroughly cleaning and greasing the components... after first
determining that the motor was actually getting power, of course!
Corroded electrical connections would probably be the simplest
explanation...

--

Max Heim
'66 MGB