Re: shipping a car

To: Stephanie.J.Gibbs@Dartmouth.EDU (Stephanie J. Gibbs), mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: shipping a car
From: Leckstein <bleckstein@mail.monmouth.com>
Date: Wed, 24 Mar 1999 07:39:06 -0500
At 11:04 AM 3/23/99 EST, Stephanie J. Gibbs wrote:
>Not that I have any plans to do this in the near future, but has anyone ever
>shipped a car from England to the States, or vice versa?  Any idea how
much this
>project would cost?  Would tariffs, customs, or any other government
obstacles
>be a problem?  Are there companies that specialize in doing this?
>

>(inquiring minds want to know.)
>

>Thanks!
>

>Stephanie Gibbs
>
>('77 Midget)

I have shipped over 80 cars both ways,(NEMGTR COB in 1990) The only way to
go to an eastcoast port is "roll on roll off". We used Port Newark-Port
Elizabeth in Nerw Jersey.  ( Some on that trip shipped by container from
the west coast and were not as lucky.)  All the cars were pre1956 and there
was no damage to any of them. You will need agent on both sides for
paperwork. We used E.H.  Harms. Check about entry regulation and if the car
can come in at all.

Mike