Re: Electrical System Woes

To: Eric Kutzli <ekutzli@netins.net>, mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Electrical System Woes
From: Scott Hower <howersl@yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 25 Mar 1999 12:27:14 -0800 (PST)
Hi Eric,

I dont have the catalog in front of me, but I think
British Wiring sell a tool for inserting Lucas bullets
into the connectors.  It was not cheap... ~$75 if I
remember correctly.

British Wiring, Inc.
Lesley and Edwin Cehelnik
20449 Ithaca
Olympia Fields, IL  60461
(708) 481-9050 (Voice & Fax)

They sell just about every British car wiring sundry
known to man- including the 12v relays and mounting
bases that you are looking for.  These are Hella and
are a bit more expensive ($7) than the ones you usually
find hanging in blister packs at your parts store.

On a somewhat related note... I recently upgraded my
B's headlights to Cibie E-codes and used a couple of
these relays/bases.  You can snap the bases together
to make up a bank and they accept a fuse holder
attatchment that also snaps on to hold a blade style
fuse.

I used my old harness wiring for the control circuit
and made up a new one to handle the additional
headlamp load.

Lesley at B/W had everything but the harness wiring in
stock.  She ordered it from the UK and had it shipped
to me via airmail.  No $ interest, just a happy
customer.

--Scott

--- Eric Kutzli <ekutzli@netins.net> wrote:

> Does anyone
> know about the design of a tool made from modified
> needle nose pliers used to take the bullet
> connectors apart and put them back...
> never seen such a device.

snip...

> Now I'm going to get some 30amp relays (Maybe
> the kind used for off
> road lights on trucks. They are black plastic and
> pretty small and
> inconspicuous) and take some stress off of my (74
> NLA) ignition
> switch...sounds like a great idea.

===
Scott Hower -> howersl@yahoo.com