Re: Electrical System Woes

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Electrical System Woes
From: "Eric Kutzli" <ekutzli@netins.net>
Date: Thu, 25 Mar 1999 09:44:09 -0600
Distinguished List,
When I did the rebuild of my 74 b I used some stuff from Eastwood designed
to protect electrical connections. Comes in a little bottle with a brush in
the cap, looks like copper colored grease. So far the connectors I doped
with just a tiny dollop of this stuff have stayed brite and tight.
Especially helpful on grounds and sstarter connections which are exposed to
lots of under car moisture and dirt. I also replaced a lot of the barrel
parts of the connectors as they get brittle and crumble inside. Does anyone
know about the design of a tool made from modified needle nose pliers used
to take the bullet connectors apart and put them back together without
stressing the wire attachments? Somone mentioned it to me once but I have
never seen such a device.
     Now I'm going to get some 30amp relays (Maybe the kind used for off
road lights on trucks. They are black plastic and pretty small and
inconspicuous) and take some stress off of my (74 NLA) ignition
switch...sounds like a great idea.
Eric

"Maggie" 74 MGB Glacier White
"Matilda" 91 Capri Winter White (just got a factory tonneau for Matilda.
After all Maggie has one - Brits and Aussies... they get so jealous...)