Re: MGC Brakes

To: xyzabcde@earthlink.net
Subject: Re: MGC Brakes
From: Mike Razor <mrazor@kih.net>
Date: Fri, 26 Mar 1999 22:41:53 -0500
I got the rebuilt servos/boosters via UPS today.  They look pretty good, but
externally my old ones look better.  I am confused (a normal state), when I
removed
the old boosters I unhooked the brake lines that go from the M/C to the servos
and
then unhooked the vacuum line that goes to the manifold from he black drums.
There
was of course a nice clear fluid that has and is leaking out of the brake lines
and
the drums have the somewhat brackish fluid leaking our of the vacuum fitting.
My
question is how did the fluid get in the black drum and the vacuum line?  Does
it
pass from the M/C through the brake lines into the servo and then into the black
drum.  Is there suppose to be any fluid in the black drum or full of air (like
me I
am told).  I have no experience with power or boosted brakes and am very lost.
What is really confusing me is the boosters that came off look brand new next to
the rebuilt ones, this is not to say the rebuilt ones are bad they look pretty
good
as well.
THANKS!
MIKE R