Fwd: Valve adjustment

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Fwd: Valve adjustment
From: REasterby@aol.com
Date: Sun, 28 Mar 1999 11:05:54 EST

--part0_922637154_boundary

In a message dated 99-03-28 11:03:16 EST, REasterby writes:

<<
 Ihave found that over the years, I wish BL had kept the old "A" hand Crank"
for this task. The next best fix I have found is a 1 5/16 socket, universal &
lengthy extension bar to allow the mech to rotate the rachet while watching
the valves. To assist the visually challenged, I have placed a 1/16 rod about
2" to 3" long with a small magnet epoxied onto it; on the next valve rocker to
be adjusted. This will amplify the valve travel & you can find the max travel
easier. Good Luck to all!!!!
 REasterby
 72 BGT orig owner
 88 XJ40  >>