Re: accelerator cable cont..

To: "Josef Kurtz" <kurtz@helix.mgh.harvard.edu>, <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: accelerator cable cont..
From: "Paul Tegler " <wizardz@amdyne.net>
Date: Tue, 30 Mar 1999 11:41:38 -0500
Atleast on my Weber (no longer on OB, switched back to SU's)
the cable casing end at the carb, was screwed into the mounting
none of the standard throttle cables for an MG were ever implemented like
that. You could actually go to any local bicycle shop or motocycle
shop and buy a brake cable with similar ends on it and just replace the inner
cable and retain the present outer casing. This would greatly simplify
reinstallation.  just feed the inner cable up through the casing
from the gas padal end and your back in business.
A  lot cheaper too! The cable I replaced this way, actually had more stands
of wire in it and was more flexible.
As far as length is concerned, if its too long, after you get it all installed,
and clamped down, just cut off the extra length.

Paul Tegler
Twin 73' MGB GTs YB and OB
YB born 8/72 (Primrose Yellow) Yellow BGT
OB born 1/73 (Blaze Red) Orange BGT
email: wizardz@amdyne.net
http://www.amdyne.net/~ptegler/mgmain.htm