RE: Wet brakes don't work

To: "'xyzabcde@earthlink.net'" <xyzabcde@earthlink.net>, mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: Wet brakes don't work
From: "Kulka, Matt" <Matt.Kulka@hboc.com>
Date: Tue, 30 Mar 1999 09:56:51 -0500
Denise,

Just wanted to second Kelvin's opinion, and keep you from going out and
buying a bunch of stuff you don't need.  After driving disc brake cars for
years, I borrowed my stepdad's '68 Toyota Corona with all-wheel drums.  I
surfed a big puddle, then nearly ran through the next stop sign.  It was an
amazing difference.

I'd bet you a doughnut that for one reason or another you're just using the
rear brakes all the time.  With a healthy leg, that's adequate in dry
weather, but when the rain comes you really notice the difference.  I'd
check the front brake lines for crimps and then for sticking calipers before
I go investing in any new parts.

Matt Kulka
Huntersville, NC
'74 B