Re: No Blink!!!????

To: "Chris Chandler" <spawn@net-link.net>, "MG List" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: No Blink!!!????
From: "Paul Hunt" <paul.hunt1@virgin.net>
Date: Tue, 30 Mar 1999 19:33:27 +0100
If one side doesn't work but the other does then it is not the hazard switch
but bad connection(s) or bulbs.  The fact the front is dim is the reason it
isn't flashing - it isn't drawing enough current to trigger the flasher
unit.  The CB lamp holder only grounds through the bodywork, not through a
proper ground wire, but it could equally be bad contacts between holder and
lamp or in any of the connectors back to where it splits front and rear.
The RB front lamp holder *does* have a proper ground wire but its connector
on the back of the holder is exposed to road dirt and spray.  It could also
be a 'tired' bulb, or a combination of bad connection(s) and tired bulb.

PaulH.
http://freespace.virgin.net/paul.hunt1/