inspection help, 77B

To: MG list <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: inspection help, 77B
From: Tom McLaughlin <tmcl98@yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 31 Mar 1999 08:07:27 -0800 (PST)
All,

Showing my amaturism (is that a word) again.  I am finally ready to take
my 77B to get inspected.  I shouldn't have any problems accept
emissions.  Not sure if anyone remembers, but the movers ripped the
whole exhaust system off.  The center muffler was so damaged that I had
to have the shop take it out and weld a straight pipe in there so I
could get it home.  I'm pretty sure the rear muffler is original and
that the cat converter is nothing more than a bulge in the system.

Can you give me some tips on how to temporarily improve emissions...lean
out the mixture, advance/retard the timing etc.  I've seen a few of
these, but don't remember exactly what to do.

Maybe I should just find a really bad part of town and bring a case of
beer to get it someone to pass it.

I know, with proper equipment and proper tuning it should pass
normally....yadda, yadda, ya.....well, at this point, I don't have that
luxury.

Oh yeah, it has a recently rebuilts ZS carb on it and new PerTronix
ignition....

TIA,
Tom
77B

PS, just moved to St. Louis about 6 months ago.  If anyone knows of any
good LBC mechanics in the area, please let me know.....also, I found a
couple of clubs listed on a website, sent emails and got no response.
Any LBC activity in good ol' St. Louis.
Do You Yahoo!?