"the MGB is an awful (GOOD) car"

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: "the MGB is an awful (GOOD) car"
From: "Eric Kutzli" <ekutzli@netins.net>
Date: Thu, 01 Apr 1999 23:37:30 -0600
I am currently subscribed to three <count em three> other car model mail
lists besides the distinguished mgs@autox.team.net list. One for Aussie
production Capri, one for early MK I Capri, and for my son's project car, a
list for 55 Chevy. Know what they all have in common? PROBLEMS. None of the
electrics work, all the suspensions sag, rust and rot and wear plague them
all. Parts are high priced or not available. If any sane person simply read
these lists they would think that all of these machines are junk.
     Think about the sample, the slice of life we see here. Who else writes
to the list except those with questions and/or problems... and hopefully
those with answers and/or fixes. When the MGB is running fine, the weather
is great, the top down, and the road calling who is going to post the list
then?  <it would be too hard to type and perfectly drift the rear end
through a curve anyway>
     Chin up, deep breath, have no fear! How many other cars out there have
such a following after all these years? Do you suppose there is a 1976 Pinto
station wagon list? Maybe Ford Fairmont or American Motors Matador lists?
How about a 1975 Chevette group? MGB (and other sport/muscle/unique cars)
still have an appeal because they are simple, solid and FUN. If it weren't
for Lucas <bless em> the B would probably never be in the driveway at all.

Eric K
74B
Will our grandkids be hopping up Dodge Caravans? Restoring Chevy Citations?