Brake (or is it Break!!) problem

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Brake (or is it Break!!) problem
From: Speedo79@aol.com
Date: Fri, 2 Apr 1999 15:00:51 EST
Dear Listers:

Lately I have noticed a problem with brake shimmy and pulling to the right
during medium to hard stops.  I pulled the front wheels and noticed that the
right rotor is warped (brakes alternatively catching and releasing as wheel
in spun).  I also noticed that the pads on the right side are almost worn
away, while the rotor and pads on the left front side look almost new.  I
replaced the right rotor (bad ridges and warping) when I replaced the brake
pads about a year and a half ago.  After that, I noticed no pulling or shimmy
until recently.  I bleed the brakes about every six months, and have about
two inches of brake pedal travel.  I am planning to replace both front rotors
when I get the new pads in this weekend.
My question: could there be something wrong with my right calipers (or my
left ones) to cause my brakes to wear so unevenly and cause two ruined right
rotors in less than four years?

I thank you for all your suggestions,
Steve Sanchez
1977 MGB