Re: Ignition Wire Markers

To: "Fred Pixley" <fpixley@kingston.net>
Subject: Re: Ignition Wire Markers
From: Ross MacPherson <arm@bc.sympatico.ca>
Date: Thu, 8 Apr 1999 22:08:38 -0700 (PDT)
At 07:15 AM 4/8/99 -0400, you wrote:
>Does anyone know of a good source for the small plastic ignition wire
>markers you sometimes see on concours cars.  Masking tape does the job but
>looks tacky and nice looking markers could stay on permanently.

Fred,

Hustle on down to your nearest electrical wholesaler and tell them what your
looking for.  In the trade we use a huge assortment of wrap on, slip on,
shrink on (etc) wire markers.  They can be had in assorted colours and
materials.  I use the wrap on style.  They come on a small roll, about the
diameter of a quarter and about a 3/16" wide, white with black lettering.
You just cut off the appropriate length and wrap it around the wire. Not as
durable as the shrink on variety but cheaper and easier to install.  If
applied carefully they look good too.

Cheers,
Ross   MacPherson
TC-3528 , `66 BGT, NEMGT - #11849