RE: wire wheels

To: Joe Short <buster_balz@operamail.com>, Eric Kutzli <ekutzli@netins.net>,
Subject: RE: wire wheels
From: Larry Hoy <larryhoy@cwix.com>
Date: Fri, 09 Apr 1999 07:15:49 -0600
Hi Joe, I just bought a set of Datsun Z wheels.  They are the Turbine/Turbo
(?) style wheel.  They have lots of narrow "spokes" and are dished shaped.
They are on my 1967 vintage race car which has been lowered and has a pan
hard rod.  I am running 195 ZR60 X 14 tires.  In order to eliminate rub I
had to "roll" the rear fender inner lip, and push the rear fenders out just
a "hair".  The new flare on the fenders is barely noticeable.

So the short answer is, they don't fit unless you don't mind modifying your
body.

Larry Hoy, Denver, CO USA
1970 Daily Driver ~ 1967 Vintage Racer ~ 1969 Undergoing V8 conversion
http://home.cwix.com/~larryhoy@cwix.com/

Addco