Re: How to bleed

To: Enrique Claure <spaninc@ceibo.entelnet.bo>
Subject: Re: How to bleed
From: Jurgen Hartwig <gt0003a@prism.gatech.edu>
Date: Fri, 09 Apr 1999 15:03:10 -0400
Well, you don't bleed either if they are on the car.  You need to use
the bleeder screws found at the brake cylinders and calipers.  There is
also a bleeder found at the clutch slave cylinder.

If you are bleeding from the bench, then it's pretty simple.
Essentially, you are trying to get all the air out of the system.  I've
done this:
1) Put the MC in a bench vise to hold it well.
2) Pour brake fluid into the reservoir hole until it won't hold any more
fluid.
3) push in the pushrod slowly and allow the air to escape from the
reservoir
4) after you have pushed it in and you have a small amount of fluid
showing in the reservoir hole, you need to hold it there.
5) have your helper pour fluid into the hole while you are pulling the
pushrod back out.
This will fill the master cylinder with nice fluid, free of most of the
bubbles.

Tip for everyone... Given the fact that bubbles rise, you can bleed or
even flush your whole system with little work and lots of time.  Simple
put a hose on the bleeder screw and hang it up so that the top of the
hose ends ABOVE the top of the MC.  Then crack open the bleeder, take
the cover off the MC, and push your pedal down with a stick.  The open
line will allow brake fluid to climb up the hose, and bubbles will be
evacuated.  This is also a very good way to flush your clutch slave
cylinder, since the bleeder lies nearly at the bottom of the system.
Simply open your reservoir and push your clutch pedal down, so the
system is open to the atmosphere.  Bubbles will work their way out.

Take care
Jay

--
When you were born you cried